The Institute of Professional Development and Retraining provides supplementary professional educational programs for managers and specialists with full or partial separation from work and individual courses.
Advanced training is conducted as necessary but at least once in 5 years for the entire working life of workers.
Professional development includes the following types of training:
- Short-term development training (programs from 72 to 100 hours);
- Development training (program from 100 to 500 hours).
After a successful final examination the students receive the following state documents which are valid for 5 years:
- The certificate of professional development - for students who had a short-term development program (72 - 100 hours);
- The certificate of professional development - for students who had a full-time development program (100 – 500 hours).
Development courses (72 hours) are implemented in the following areas:
1.1. Construction and Architecture
1.2. Timber Processing Complex
1.3. Pulp and paper industry
1.4. Fuel and energy complex and housing
1.5. Transport and Logistics
1.6. Open-cast mining
1.8. State and municipal management
1.9. Other areas
Professional retraining programs (500 and more hours)
The purpose of professional retraining program is to provide the specialists some new knowledge and skills. According to the results of training the students receive state diplomas certifying their right to conduct professional activities in a particular area.
Expert on technical control and diagnosis of motor vehicles (508 hours), Logistics (574 hours), the Oil and Gas Business (512 hours), Design and operation of oil and gas pipelines and gas and oil storages (512 hours), Industrial and Civil Engineering (500 hours).
Environmental safety programs
The institute offers part-time courses in several professional development programs. The programs are designed to implement the unified policy in the field of professional development for managers and specialists on business entities that can have a negative impact on the environment. The programs aim to update theoretical and practical knowledge due to increased skill requirements and the need for development of modern environmental safety trends.
The institute conducts the following environmental safety programs:
- Environmental safety maintenance by managers and specialists in general economic management systems.
- Environmental safety maintenance by managers and specialists in environmental control systems and services.
- Environmental safety maintenance in hazardous waste management.
These professional development programs include training, internships and certification with issuance of relevant programs.
Occupational safety and health and fire safety programs
The list of occupational safety and health programs:
- Occupational safety and health for managers and specialists in organizations.
- Occupational safety and health for specialists in occupational safety and health.
- Occupational safety and health for small business and heads of public institutions.
- Occupational safety and health for commissioners on labor protection of safety trade unions and other representative bodies authorized by employees.
- Occupational safety and health for members of comities (commissions) on health and safety.
The center organizes monthly seminars on occupational safety and health for managers and specialists of business, for companies of all forms of ownership and branch orientation as well as for individual entrepreneurs. The seminars are accompanied by tests that check knowledge of occupational safety and health requirements. After the test the participants get a standard certificate.
During the training the students acquire all necessary knowledge on the organization of labor protection in the enterprise, on specific issues of OSH maintenance and fostering of safe work environment, on social protection for victims of accidents at work and occupational diseases. The students receive a package of regulations on OSH; learn the rules of designing, preparation and execution of OSH documentation.
The curriculum is developed by the specialists of the Centre in accordance with the advanced standards of quality. It is focused on application of knowledge directly into practice. The training is carried out on 40-hour program, that is approved by the Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Development of the Arkhangelsk region.