Address: Arkhangelsk, Lomonosova Ave., 2, office 106
Acting head of department: Sokolova Flera Kharisovna, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor
Manager: Baleeva Svetlana Veniaminovna
Training of future specialists in the field of foreign regional studies began in 2003 as part of the Department of State and Municipal Governance. In 2008, the Department of Regional Studies became a separate unit of the university. In 2010, on account of the opening of the bachelor’s program in international relations, the department was transformed into the Department of Regional Studies and International Relations.
In 2015, the unit was converted into the Department of Regional Studies, International Relations and Political Science.
Currently, the Department of Regional Studies, International Relations and Political Science provides a wide range of training programs. Among them:
Bachelor's degree programs
- 41.03.01 Foreign Regional Studies, specialty «Counties of Northern Europe»
- 41.03.02 Russian Regional Studies, specialty «Arctic Region of Russia»
- 41.03.05 International Relations, specialty «International Relations in the Arctic»
- 41.03.06 Public Policy, specialty «Political and Social Communications in the Space of the Russian Arctic»
Master's degree programs
- 41.04.01 Foreign Regional Studies, master’s program «European Studies: the Arctic Focus» (taught in English)
- 41.04.05 International Relations, master’s program «International Security in the Arctic»
Postgraduate courses (PhD programs)
- 41.06.01 Political Science and Regional Studies, major: Political Institutions, Processes and Technologies
- 46.06.01 Historical Sciences and Archeology, major: History of International Relations and Political Science
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS OF THE BACHELOR LEVEL
41.03.01 Foreign Regional Studies
41.03.02 Russian Regional Studie
41.03.05 International Relations
41.03.06 Public Policy
After graduating from the bachelor’s degree programs, alumni can continue their studies in master’s and postgraduate studies, including training programs taught by the Department of Regional Studies, International Relations and Political Science.
Alumni of the department’s bachelor’s and master’s programs get jobs in:
- federal and regional government executive bodies that administer the Arctic region of the Russian Federation (as specialists, experts, analysts in various spheres of international relations and cross-border relations);
- expert, industrial and government research organizations (as researchers analyzing international relations in the Arctic and foreign policy of the Arctic states);
- large companies and their representative offices abroad (as experts, analysts, specialists in creating networks of professional international contacts);
- international intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, including the Arctic Council and the Barents cooperation (as analysts and experts developing strategies for development of the region and the activities of these organizations in the Arctic region).
The command of foreign languages allows the graduates to use their skills in the field of intercultural communication in the activities of research institutions, enterprises and organizations operating in the Arctic region of the Russian Federation and abroad.
We are proud of our professors who combine teaching with their main occupations as employees of the Government of the Arkhangelsk Region (Ph.D. O.V. Rusinov, O.V. Uzkiy), Russian Office of the Norwegian Barents Secretariat (A.A. Shalyov), Arkhangelsk City Administration (E.V. Bubnovich), sociological centers and analytical agencies (e.g. Ph.D. Yu.L. Ipatova).
Join us on VKontakte: https://vk.com/public43661735
- Department of Cultural and Religious Studies
- Department of Regional Studies, International Relations and Political Sciences
- Translation Studies and Applied Linguistics Department
- Department of Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations
- Department of German and French Philology
- Department of English Philology, Nordic languages and Language Pedagogy
- World History Department
- Scientific and Educational Centre “Integrative Translation Studies in the Subarctic Region”
- International and Research Centers
- English Language Department
- Literature Department
- Russian History Department
- Philosophy and Sociology Department
- Social work and social security department
- Department of the russian language and elocution
- Department of Translation Technology and Practice at AKM-WEST