Natalia Yu. Flotskaya, D.Sc. (Psychology), Associate Professor
- Svetlana Yu. Bulanova, PhD (Psychology), Associate Professor;
- Natalia V. Afanasenkova, PhD (Medicine), Associate Professor
It is essential that the development in the European North of Russia and in the Arctic is supported by the efforts to ensure the sustainable growth in education and innovations; to foster fundamental and applied research in Pedagogy and Psychology on the topics relevant to the North and the Arctic, that would see its outcomes made use of by the social sector and economy of the Euro-Arctic Region; to foster the research into the psychological mindset of the people employed in the Arctic and the Russian North; to explore vital functions safety and how inclusive education can be promoted in the Euro-Arctic Region.
The School therefore pursues two lines of research:
- “Pedagogical and Psychological Aspects of Human Development and Education in the Euro-Arctic Region,” run by Professor T.V. Volokitina, D.Sc. (Biology);
- “Physical Education, Culture, Sports, and Health Preservation in the Circumpolar Areas,” run by V.G. Chernozemov, D.Sc. (Medicine).
- to promote the fundamental and applied research in Pedagogy and Psychology on the topics relevant to the North and the Arctic; to apply the achieved results in social sector and economy of the Euro-Arctic Region;
- to explore the potential of Teacher Education to generate innovations as a resource for the sustainable growth in the circumpolar areas;
- to explore the physiology and the psychology of people employed in the Arctic and the Russian North.
Department of Psychology. With the research teams that are considered to be the best-performing not only by the Higher School of Psychology and Teacher Education but by entire NArFU, the Department of Psychology has staff members who are also members of editorial boards and advisory bodies run by peer-reviewed journals referenced in Web of Science, and Scopus: Medical Psychology in Russia (Scopus) – Irina A. Novikova, member since 2009. Some of its staff members are involved by steering and advisory bodies run by international research communities: WG1 of sub-committee SC 8 “Arctic Operations” ISO/TC67 “Materials, Equipment, and Offshore Facilities for Oil and Gas Industry and Petrochemistry” – Natalia N. Simonova, member from 2014 to 2016; Yana A. Korneeva, member from 2014 to 2016. Yana A. Korneeva is also the holder of EuroPsy Certificate, a document verifying high-level competence in Psychology and enabling its holders to practice psychology in European Union.