History of the HS:
November 1, 1932 -Arkhangelsk Evening Pedagogical Institute (Department of physics, history, literature, and biology) was opened by the decision of the regional executive committee.
October 7, 1934 (Order № 46, 1934) - The first 21 students were taken on specialty “Mathematics”. The first graduation on specialty “Mathematics” qualification “Teacher of math” took place in 1938.
Since 1974 the admission on specialty “Mathematics”, qualification “Teacher of math and physics” was started.
Since 1988 the admission of students on specialty “Mathematics” qualification “Teacher of mathematics, informatics, and computer engineering” was started.
Two single faculties of physics and mathematics were organized by the order of the rector of PMPU named after M.V. Lomonosov (September 13, 1996).
In 1994 the Department of mathematics teaching methodology (head - E.F. Fefilova, A.E. Tomilova) and Department of algebra, logic and number theory were established (head — A.V. Ufryakov, S.U. Korabelschikov).
Since 1997 admission of students on specialty “Mathematics”, qualification “Mathematician” started for the first time.
Since 2000 the admission of students on specialty “Applied mathematics and informatics”, qualification “Mathematician, system programming” was started.
From 2002 to 2006 52 students from faculty of mathematics gained additional qualification “Teacher”.
Since 2004 the first admission of students on specialty “Applied mathematics (in economics)” qualification “Mathematician-economist” started.
In 2004 the Department of information technologies was established (head — A.U. Lagunov).
In 2007 the faculty of mathematics shifted on two-level educational system on the courses “Applied mathematics and informatics” and “Physical-mathematical education”. The first 26 bachelors started their study in 2007-2008.
On 27 July, 2011 by the decision of the Academic Council of the University, the Institute of mathematics and computer science was established. Its structure included the Department of Mathematics of NArFU and Department of Applied Mathematics of NArFU. Head of the Faculty of Mathematics L.E. Khaimina was assigned as the director of the Institute.
On September 1, 2011 the Institute officially began to work.
On the 1st September, 2012, the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science and the Institute of Information and Space Technologies were included in the Institute of Mathematics, Information and Space Technologies (IMIST) by the decision of Scientific Council of NArFU on the 28th June, 2012. The new Institute began its work.