Head of Department
Sergey Shalyapin, PhD in History, Associate Professor
Our goal is to help students develop their professional competence and acquire in-depth knowledge of fundamental theoretical and historical legal disciplines. We consider research to be an essential foundation for education.
- The educational component of our activities is based on the recognition of the importance of theoretical and historical subjects for effective and comprehensive study of law;
- Our priority research areas:
current issues of theory and history of state and law
role of law in solving the environmental problems of the North
legal systems of the Northern European countries
history of state and law in the European North of Russia in the context of the general trends of Russian political evolution
historical comparative analysis of legislation on the indigenous peoples of the North
law and religion as key forms of social regulation, etc.
- Improvement of teaching methods, introduction of modern interactive techniques, case – technologies, heuristic assignments, innovative formats of lecturing
- Our international activities comprise collaboration within the Barents region and other vectors in accordance with the Department’s research priorities.
- Department of Economics
- Department of State and Municipal Management
- Department of Сivil Law and Procedure
- Department of Constitutional and Municipal Law
- Department of International and Comparative Law
- Department of Management
- Department of Theory and History of State and Law
- Department of Criminal Law and Procedure
- Department of Financial law and Jurisprudence
- Personnel Reserve Center
- Legal Clinic