Summer School of the Russian Language and Culture at the Northern Arctic Federal University is a unique chance to start learning Russian from scratch or improve your language competence and expand cultural knowledge in authentic Russian North settings.
Training in Summer School relies on three mutually complementary modules:
Language Module integrates two methods of foreign language teaching: a crash course where no other language than Russian is used in class and teaching mediated by a foreign language (English, German, French depending on the group lineup). Language classes add up to 15 hours a week.
Arctic Region Studies Module is composed of several electives:
- The Land of Pomors: Traditions and Culture
- Russian North Political History
- Exploring the Arctic
- Orthodoxy in Russian North
Cultural Module is designed to balance out the hours spent in classroom and involves visits to different entertainment facilities like concert halls, pubs and restaurants, as well as simply taking a stroll in city streets.
Highlights of the academic program in Arkhangelsk
- Students can select the course level of complexity to fit their specific needs and capabilities
- Small groups (10 people or less)
- Customized solutions for each individual student coupled with authentic language material
- Highly-qualified teachers with strong background in teaching Russian, experienced teachers of northern folklore
Dates: June 9-23, 2013
Workload: 3 ECTS
Application deadline: April 15, 2013
For more information, please refer to: http://narfu.ru/ifmk/ss/eng.php
Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication
tel: +7 952 301 88 38