Wind Energy: Joint innovation solutions for the future needs of Northern regions
- Development of sustainable international academic and business partner network aimed at wider wind turbines/parks application in Cold Climate regions;
- conducting research on wind turbine application under cold climate conditions;
- studying the problem of ice and snow impacts on wind turbine operation under cold climate conditions.
Project period: 2020-2022
Source of funding: Nordic Council of Ministers
- Northern (Arctic) Federal University named after M.V. Lomonosov
- University of Oulu, Finland
- University of Tromso – Arctic University of Norway
- Development of the «ARCTIC WIND NET_work» partnership network;
- Exchange of experience on operation of onshore and offshore wind turbines in ice prone cold regions;
- At least 10 experts are trained on topic of wind turbine applications in Cold Climate regions;
- Wind resource potential assessment with means of maps of places with high wind potential;
- Analytical report and expert’s recommendations addressed to the future energy needs of people in the northern will be provided in each country.