Venue: 7 Smolny Buyan Street, Arkhangelsk, Russia, Higher School of Social Sciences, Humanities and International Communication.
Research areas: Social Sciences, Humanities, Political Sciences
Application deadline: 15.04.2021
Deadline for paper submission: 01.06.2021
Information letter: download
Participants: all stakeholders, including scientists, young researchers, university lecturers, school teachers as well as representatives of non-governmental organisations, public agencies and cultural institutions
Conference programme includes: a plenary session, oral presentation sessions and round tables.
- Russian National Arctic Research and Education Consortium;
- Murmansk Arctic State University, Murmansk, Russia;
- Petrozavodsk State University, Petrozavodsk, Russia;
- Syktyvkar State University, Syktyvkar, Russia.
Conference focus areas:
- Complex Study of the Territorial Development: Historical Background and Contemporary Approaches;
- Human Capital and the Life Quality of the Population in the Arctic;
- Historical Background of the North and Arctic Exploration;
- Reflecting the Changing Climate Conditions in Language and Literature;
- Language Education Landscape in the Arctic Region;
- Arctic Tourism;
- Sustainable Development Model of the Arctic;
- Digital Arctic: Media Culture and Media Education in the Information Society;
- International Cooperation and Competition in the Arctic Region;
- State, Policy and Management in the Arctic Region;
- The Climatic conditions of living in the Arctic;
- The Arctic Environment.
Languages: English and Russian.
Participation: in-person or remote participation.
All submitted papers will be published in the conference proceedings (included in Russian Scientific Citation Index). Publication requirements will be sent to all the interested participants at a later date. Deadline for paper submissions is June 1, 2021.
Conference organizers are also trying to reach an with international journals included in CPCI (Conference Proceedings Citation Index) or other Scientific Databases agreement regarding publishing the conference proceedings.
Participants are expected to cover their own travel, accommodation and other expenses.
Conference Organizing Committee
Marat Eseev, Vice Rector for Research and Innovations, Director of the Scientific and Educational Center “Russian Arctic”, NArFU
- Deputy Chair:
Alexander Tamitskiy, Director of the Higher School of Social Sciences, Humanities and International Communication, NArFU
- Regular Members:
- Alexander Chekalin, Director of the Polyglot Linguistic Centre, NArFU;
- Olga Pechinkina, PhD (Pedagogy), Associate Professor, Department of English Philology, Nordic Languages and Language Pedagogy, NArFU;
- Elena Ryzhova, PhD (Philology), Head of the Journalism Department, Syktyvkar State University, Syktyvkar, Russia;
- Alexander Saburov, PhD (History), Director of the Arctic Centre for Strategic Studies, NArFU,Executive Secretary of the Russian National Arctic Research and Education Conortium;
- Larisa Shchipitsina, ScD (Philology), Deputy Director of the Higher School of Social Sciences, Humanities and International Communication, NArFU;
- Nina Ushakova, PhD (Pedagogy), Associate Professor, Department of English Philology, Nordic Languages and Language Pedagogy, NArFU;
- Ilya Vereshchagin, PhD (History), Deputy Head of the Philosophy and Sociology Department, NArFU;
- Andrey Vinogradov, ScD (Philosophy), Director of the Institute for Humanities and Social studies, Murmansk Arctic State University, Murmansk, Russia;
- Svetlana Vinogradova, ScD (Philology), Head of the Foreign Language Department, Murmansk Arctic State University, Murmansk, Russia;
- Valentina Volokhova, PhD (History), Associate Professor, Department of Russian History, Insitute of History, Political and Social Sciences, Petrozavodsk State University, Petrozavodsk, Russia;
- Inga Zashikhina, PhD (Philosophy), Associate Professor of Philosophy and Sociology Department, NArFU;
- Galina Zhigunova, ScD (Sociology), Head of the Department for Philosophy, Social Sciences and Social Security Law, Murmansk Arctic State University, Murmansk, Russia.
Notification of acceptance will be sent to you on or prior to 20 April 2021.
Address: 163002, Arkhangelsk, 2 Lomonosov Prospekt, room 214
Northern (Arctic) Federal University named after M.V. Lomonosov, Higher School of Social Sciences, Humanities and International Communication
Phone number: +7 (8182) 66 05 88
Contact person: Inga Zashikhina