Head of the Department:
Ph. D. (Pedagogy), Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Modern Languages, Lecturer in English and French
Address: 7 Smolny Buyan, room 301, Arkhangelsk
Telephone: +7 (8182) 660588
The Chair of Modern Languages and language pedagogy was founded in 1998. The Chair specializes in teaching second foreign languages as a specialty.
The Chair offers a unique chance to study North European languages: Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish. These languages have been taught at the Faculty of Foreign Languages for more than 15 years. The staff of the Chair includes native-speaking lecturers as well as experienced lecturers from NARFU who studied in the northern partner universities.
The Chair offers Master’s and PhD programs in the field of foreign language education.
The Chair realizes teaching and scientific projects with partner universities from Norway (University of TromsГё), Sweden (Stockholm University, Dalarna University), Finland (Lapland University), and the Netherlands (the Hague university).
- English, German, French, Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish as second foreign languages;
- Theory and Practice of Language Teaching;
- Theory of the Second Foreign language;
- Country Studies.
- Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish;
- Britain’s History;
- English Lexicology
- Problems of Intercultural Communication;
- Peculiarities of Teaching Second Foreign Languages at Language Universities;
Staff of the Chair
- Natalia Chicherina — Ph. D. (Language Pedagogy), Professor
- Maria Amosova — Associate Professor, Lecturer in English
- Natalia Bekryasheva — Senior Lecturer in English
- Tatiana Belous — Ph. D. (Philology), Senior Lecturer in English
- Tatiana Bogdanova — Ph. D. (Philology), Associate Professor, Lecturer in English
- Irina Borovikova — Lecturer in English and Norwegian
- Jarmo Haapaharju — M.A., Senior Lecturer in Finnish
- Elena Khokhlushina — Lecturer in English
- Julia Makkoveeva — Ph. D. (Language Pedagogy), Associate Professor, Lecturer in English and Swedish
- Anna Merzlaya — Lecturer in Finnish
- Natalia Parilova — Ph. D. (Language Pedagogy), Senior Lecturer in German
- Lyudmila Pechinkina — Lecturer in Norwegian and English
- Olga Pechinkina — Ph. D. (Pedagogy), Associate Professor, Head of the Chair of Modern Languages, Lecturer in English and French
- Nina Ushakova — Ph. D. (Language Pedagogy), Senior Lecturer in English and Swedish
- Elena Vorobyeva — Ph. D. (Language Pedagogy), Associate Professor
- Svetlana Shabalina — Lecturer in German
- Irina Shananina — Lecturer in French
- Galina Zharova — office manager