The Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science and Institute of Information and Space Technologies were included in the Institute of Mathematics, Information and Space Technologies (IMIST) This was based on decision of Scientific Council of NArFU on the 28th June, 2012. IMIST started to work on the 1st September, 2012.
Ludmila Haimina, PhD in Pedagogy, Associate professor, Honorary worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation, was assigned to director position.
The Institute comprises 12 departments:
- Department of Algebra and Geometry;
- Department of Information Security;
- Department of Mathematics;
- Department of Mathematical Analysis;
- Department of Mathematics Teaching Methodology;
- Department of Applied Computer Science and Education Informatization;
- Department of Applied Mathematics;
- Department of Programming and High Performance Computing;
- Department of Computing Systems and Telecommunications;
- Department of Informatics;
- Department of Information Technologies;
- Department of Computer Design;
College of Telecommunications and Information Technologies and Department of IT education are also departments of the Institute.
Institute of Mathematics, Information and Space Technologies offers the necessary educational, laboratory and technical base for the organization of study process and research.
Annually, the Institute organizes the International scientific and practical schools and conferences, contests and competitions in mathematics and information technology, and participates in international projects.
The Institute is located in two separate buildings of NArFU; both of them comprise a library and cafeteria, lecture halls and computer labs equipped with the latest technologies for study and independent work of students.
There are three forms of education: full-time, part-time and condensed.
Students take an active part in scientific conferences, competitions and contests, participate in cultural and sporting events.
Annual scientific and research work is done on the Solovetsky Islands, and other wonderful and interesting places of the Russian North.