Course unit code: M2.B.1. Master program “Production management”.
Type of the course unit: compulsory
Level of course unit: second
Year of study: 2 year of Master program “Production management”.
Semester/ trimester when the course unit is delivered: autumn
Number of ECTS credit allocated: 4 ECTS (credits).
Name of lecturer: associate professor G.Sukhanov.
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
To develop critical thinking and problem solving competencies , at both the individual and group levels, of financial statement analysis, financial planning, principles of valuation , capital structure, and issues in financial policy, and to apply financial theory to analyze real life situation in environment with an incomplete data set.
Student Leaning Outcomes:
- Use Financial Statements to evaluate firm performance.
- Project Financial Statements
- Use Financial Statements to obtain Cash Flows for the firm and equity holders.
- Calculate and project Free Cash Flow.
- Determine financial drivers of Free Cash Flow.
- Calculate the cost of debt, cost of equity and the Cost of Capital.
- Use DCF and other techniques to value projects and firms; perform risk analysis; analyze Mergers, Acquisitions, Leverage Buyouts and Initial Public Offering.
- Evaluate alternative financing options.
- Evaluate the economic and industry environment, domestic and international.
- Develop hands-on ,pro forma modeling skills using a spreadsheet and/or modeling language.
- Develop presentation and writing skills.
Mode of delivery: face- to- face.
Prerequisites and co-requisites: knowledge of accounting (Bachelor level).
- Financial Statement Analysis .
- Time Value of Money.
- Risk management.
- Investment Decision Making.
- Capital Structure.
- Financial planning and forecasting.
- Dividend policy
- Cash Flow management
- Valuation Principles
Recommended or required reading:
- Applied corporate finance. Third edition. Aswath Damodaran. John Wiley and Sons,Inc. 2011.
- Principles of Corporate Finance +Connected Plus . Richard A Brealey, Stewart C. Myers. The Mc-Grow Hill companies ,2011 .
- Intermediate financial management Eighth edition, Eugene F. Brigham, `Louis C. Gapenski – Thompson edition, 2004
- Cost Management: Strategies for business decisions. Second edition. Ronald W.Hilton, Michael W. Maher, Frank H. Seito. McGraw-Hill companies, 2003.
- Essentials of investments +Connected Plus. Zvi Bodie, Alen Kane, Alan Marcus. The Mc-Grow Hill companies ,2011 .
- Fundamentals of investment management. Geoffrey Hirt, Stanley Block, The Mc-Grow Hill companies ,2011 .
- The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour course : Finance for Non-financial Managers. H. George Shoffner, Susan Shelly, Robert Cooke. The Mc-Grow Hill companies, 2010 .
Planned learning activities and teaching methods: lectures, case-studies, gloving problems.
Assessment methods and criteria: exam.
Language of instruction: English